The Kenya Defence Force (KDF) has said all soldiers who were at the camp in Somalia during the attack by Al-Shabaab have not been accounted for.
In a press briefing on Thursday, Chief of Defence Forces Gen Samson Mwathethe, however, declined to release death toll, the number of survivors or those missing in action.
He noted that the Al-Shabaab commander who led the El-Adde attack, Maalim Janow, had been killed in a KDF airstrike.
He said the explosion at El-Adde happened at the centre of the Kenya Defence Forces camp where the officers in charge were. The command centre was also at the point of explosion.
Gen Mwathethe said a KDF aircraft that were headed to Kismayu was diverted to El-Adde on the first day to confirm the attack but was unable to do any rescue as it encountered anti-aircraft guns.
The first reinforcement reached the area on day three after the attack. He said El-Adde is now under the control of the KDF.
A board of inquiry to investigate the circumstances leading to the attack has been formed, and is now on the ground.