Details of how missing Kiambu MCA was rescued from his abductors

Missing Kiambu MCA Samuel Gitau was rescued in Ihindu village in Naivasha in a dramatic incident that saw his abductors flee.

After a one week search, the Juja MCA managed to jump from a moving vehicle along the Nairobi-Nakuru highway as members of the public moved in to rescue him.

The MCA was seriously injured on the head and hands after he landed on the tarmac at the trading center 15kms from Naivasha town.

This came as it emerged that the MCA who was last seen on Sunday last week had been locked in the car boot all that time.

According to a witness identified as Mbuthia, a personal car slowed at the trading center at around 8pm as if to buy something. ”

A man jumped from the car boot and landed awkwardly on the tarmac as the car sped off towards Nairobi,” said the witness.

He said that man who was in great pain told them that he was the missing MCA from Juja and they in turn called the area MCA Samuel Waithuki who rushed to the scene.

Waithuki who is also the leader of the majority in Nakuru county assembly said that Gitau was in great pains and could not clearly account for the time he was missing.

He said that once he was rescued, he was taken to a nearby house near the trading center as officials from Kiambu and police were informed. ”

After jumping from the moving car members of the public suspected that something was amiss and rushed to his rescue as the suspects fled,” he said.

Waithuki said that Gitau was complaining of pain in his stomach and head after he landed on the tarmac during the escape.

The Naivasha East MCA who stayed with Gitau for over an hour said that the victim was speaking in great pain and was very weak.

“He says that he has been locked in the car boot for all that time adding that during the carjacking incident he was hit on the stomach with a blunt object,” he said.

Kiambu governor William Kabogo, deputy speaker, the leader of the majority and relatives were among tens of people who arrived to collect the MCA before taking him to a Nairobi hospital.

A senior police officer who declined to be named said that the issue had been taken over by their counterparts in Kiambu. “The MCA has been taken to a hospital in Nairobi and our colleagues from Kiambu are following up the incident,” he said.